Ecosia Costs & Features
Compiled by No1Reviews.com.
Last updated: 20 March 2020
Ecosia is famous as the search engine that plants trees!
- On average, you need to make 45 searches to plant a tree
- Ecosia allocates 80% of its profits to tree planting projects.
- Trees are planted in Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Peru, Indonesia, Morocco, Brazil, Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Tanzania and many more countries, mainly in South America and Africa, where the cost of planting trees is less
- Ecosia is based in Germany and was launched in 2009
- Ecosia work with partner charities around the world to plant the trees
- Ecosia's tree planting projects also provide a valuable income to the people who plant the trees, transforming lives in the poorest places
- Ecosia publish their tree planting donations on their website on a monthly basis
- Ecosia's search results are provided by Bing
- The search results contain images, videos, news and a Wikipedia knowledge panel
- Instant answers are provided by Bing for certain questions
- Dedicated image searches are available, displaying images in a gallery
- Dedicated video searches are displayed as a list of videos with description (Google-style)
- News searches are available via the News tab
- Shortcuts are available, which redirect your searches to many other popular sites, e.g. Wikipedia, Amazon, Youtube, Google
- You can filter your search results by age and (in the case of images), size color, type, etc.
- Create an account to synchronize your search counter across all your devices (optional)
- Mobile Apps are available for iOS and Android devices
- Browser extensions are available that change your default search provider and homepage to Ecosia. These are available for Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
- Does not store your search results or IP address
For the most up to date information, please refer to the actual website. Click on the button below to check out Ecosia.org for yourself...
» Click here to visit Ecosia.org
« Back to the rest of our Charitable Search Engines Reviews